Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I am getting ready to take my boards and they require a

Customer Question

I am getting ready to take my boards for nursing and they require a level 2 background check. I have an arrest on my record from 10+ years ago, the charges were dropped but it was for domestic violence. is this going to an issue?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thanks for requesting me.

If you're asking whether an arrest will show up on a level 2 background check, the answer is that if you didn't take proactive steps to get the arrest removed from your record, then yes, it should be revealed. If you are asking whether you can get a position as a nurse when you have been arrested but not convicted of a misdemeanor, the answer is that you should not be automatically disqualified. Even a misdemeanor conviction doesn't automatically disqualify an applicant. Determinations are made on a case by case basis depending on the facts and circumstances of each case.