How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyDort Your Own Question
AttyDort, Litigation Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 96
Experience:  Criminal and Civil jury trial expeirence; 17 yrs exp in state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttyDort is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need someone to represent me in court, because I do not

Customer Question

I need someone to represent me in court, because I do not have enough evidence to support my claim to the court that I am being harassed. The defendants live with me and regularly engage in domestic violence, whenever I catch sight of it, I warn them to
stop, go cool off, but no one deserves getting beat up on by an live in partner and lies to cover his/her tracks. I need to know how I can get a Lawyer in my corner. If I go to jail because it is their word against my word, neighbors a lying for them to cover
his friends tacks, and witnesses that I have not approach for help you saw one encounter I phone the 911 complaint. Please help me, I am a Security Guard by profession along with a Bachelors degree in Urban Studies from Rutgers University. In this case, common
sense and a good lawyer is a best defense. I do not have the money to obtain help by September 2015.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AttyDort replied 1 year ago.

A Temporary Restraining Order can be obtained from a court quickly (in a day or two) in situations where one cohabitant is abusing another. To get a Temporary Restraining Oder, very little evidence is needed, usually a signed declaration by the victim stating the abuse and / or threats will be sufficient. To make a Temporary Restraining Order permanent, there is a hearing where the victim must present additional evidence of abuse or a reasonable threat of abuse.

There are usually standard forms at the local courthouse or on their web site for an application for a Domestic Violence Restraining Order. In general, they come with instruction, and just need to be filled out and filed with the court to start the restraining order process.

If you are experiencing domestic violence, or feel a threat of it, you should immediately contact the police and leave if possible. When the police arrive, you can ask for their help in getting a restraining order. They are required to help you upon request.

No attorney is required to get a restraining order to prevent domestic violence, and you do not need any more.

An attorney that you hire, if possible, may make it easier for you, but it is not required.

Expert:  AttyDort replied 1 year ago.

What state are you in?

Expert:  AttyDort replied 1 year ago.

Regarding: "No attorney is required to get a restraining order to prevent domestic violence, and you do not need any more."

I meant to say no attorney is needed for the restraining order application.