How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118127
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 99 percent sure that my wife forged power of attorney

Customer Question

I am 99 percent sure that my wife forged power of attorney and forged my signature has written letters to the DMV less than 2 months later stating I gave her permission to register my 2 year old PathFinder and signed it 4 days later wrote a similar letter stating I gave it to her as a gift....cleaned out $43,000 from a joint Morgan xxxxxxx Account in one month and has been writing bogus checks to deposit in her account for 15 years .All of this started coming to light about 3 months ago on June 20th she had me removed from my house on a bogus TRO we go to court for that in about 2 weeks and all the statements she made were false I Screwed because I can't get my hands on the POA document that was forged I know both the lawyer and Notary she used I live in Middlesex county NJ
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have any evidence at all she has done this, that would be forgery and fraud. If any of your vehicles were changed over without your signature and if your account was cleaned out without your consent, that is the only evidence you need to start out the investigation. You would be able to report this to the district attorney's office for investigation and pursuit of criminal charges. You do not need to get your hands actually on the document, the DA and police can do so as part of their forgery investigation.

Also, you need to get your own attorney immediately to represent you so you can file your divorce and you can get your own suit filed in the court to seek to recover the money and property she has taken from you through the civil court.