How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27715
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What route can I take to show that I am incarcerated

Customer Question

What route can I take to show that I am incarcerated illegally? I am currently locked up for armed robbery of a shell gas station. I originally had two counts of armed robbery, but was acquitted of count 1. Which was against the clerk of that store. I
was found guilty of count 2 armed robbery. which was against the clerks friend that was in the gas station visiting him. The friend has never been employed, at the station. She was just visiting as a friend of the clerk. It is understood, that all property
of a store is in the clerks possession. Lawyers has used all post conviction remedies and never presented this to the courts. This conviction happen in the State of Georgia. Please explain this law and where can I find it in the law books.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
I think you are saying that you have been convicted after trial of armed robbery and that the conviction held up, even after various types of appeal. Is that right?
And you're also saying that the store clerk has the property that you were alleged to have stolen. Is that also correct? Did you or anyone else know that at the time of the trial? Did that information get to the jury?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, please send response to question as you normally do
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.

I asked you several to which you gave me one "No." Your initial post makes it look as if you have exhausted all of your post conviction remedies already. That means unless there is something brand new, something not known to anyone at all at the time of your conviction, you would be without any further recourse at this time.

I don't see that you have any newly discovered evidence or why you think you have a basis for further post conviction relief.