Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I worked U.S. Postal service. I have been charged with two

Customer Question

I worked for the U.S. Postal service. I have been charged with two felonies. This is my first offense. My question is if there is no jail time but probation will I loose my job?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
The US Post Office will look at criminal convictions on a case by case basis. However, unfortunately, many times it does involve a termination or not being hired - and that is because there are so many applicants for US Post Office employment that they can choose to be selective.
So unfortunately, if there is a conviction, yes - you can be terminated.
Probation, means there was a conviction just that the court allowed you to be on probation. Now, if there is a probation before judgment that would not count as a conviction.
In other words, you would plead guilty based on the DA's agreement that once you completed probation there would be no guilty plea and no record of a conviction.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.