How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27745
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Charge: child abuse without great bodily harm; final nolle

Customer Question

charge: child abuse without great bodily harm; final nolle prosequi would this prevent me from becoming a group home owner
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If the case was nolle prossed and never filed with the court, the accusation should not prevent you form becoming a group home owner.
Were you arrested, booked and printed where this offense would be on your record? If so, have you made any effort to get the arrest sealed or expunged if your state's law will give you that option? If not, let me know what US state was involved and I can see if you can remove it from your record.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was arrested,booked, the whole 9 yards. It was Lake County, in Fl.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
If you applied for and were granted a certificate of eligibility you could then petition the court to expunge your arrest record. You can read up on this and determine if you are eligible to pursue it here. It looks to me as if you could. This may not be a quick process, but it gets you out from under the shadow of it, and it's worth doing.