How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend and my self were followed in a car unknowingly by

Customer Question

My friend and my self were followed in a car unknowingly by 2 women and assaulted after walking into a store by the females. The female who attacked me smashed me on the head with a bar tab. They then ran out of the store and stole our phones off of the counter which were valued at $1000.00 each how do I go about this so where they serve maximum jail time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I am sorry to hear of this situation.
Please tell me, have you reported this to the police?
Have they been charged?
Have you had any communication with the District Prosecuting attorney since the charges?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have they haven't been charged because we didn't have their real names but I found out where they work and I'll be gig to the precient to let them know. Their job should have up to date address and names on file
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

I suggest that once you provide the information to the police, you also can contact the District Attorney in the borough where this crime happened. Tell them you and your friend are victims of a crime. That you have reported it all to the police. But that you want to talk to a victim/witness coordinator. The coordinator will help you to understand the process. And if you stay in touch with them - tell them you want to be apprised of any and all plea deals that might come about - then it is possible you can have them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Of course, it is always up to the prosecuting attorney as to how to proceed. But the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you I appreciate it
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome. Being a victim of crime is not easy. And so the DA's office will be able to help you with the coordinator. Best to you and your friend.