How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Pennsylvania and I have a job I recently just

Customer Question

Hi I live in Pennsylvania and I have a job I recently just quit. two weeks ago I filed for benefits for the week I wasn't working and one the following week which was my orientation and 1 day at the job. I thought there would be a hold week but there was not I received both my benefits and a low check for that week. Although I'm not working there anymore I don't intend on claiming now. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional and will do my best to assist you.

Contact unemployment and return the check. Inform them that you found work and are not going to claim funds for the period of time when you are working, or are pursuing orientation. Otherwise the state may later pursue you for unemployment benefit fraud, so it is in your best interest to reach out to them and return the funds right away.


Dimitry, Esq.

Related Criminal Law Questions