How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26829
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a dwi and had a court appearance yesterday and plead

Customer Question

I had a dwi and had a court appearance yesterday and plead guilt based on a call made to an attorney, now I am subject to the penalty and it is not cler what I must do to get the limited driving priveledge permit,, the judge said nothing about that, but from what I read, he should have, I know I have have an alcohol assessment and hopefully since this was my first time with any run in with the law, I will have to get the 123 from my insurance company and do what from there?? In pender county NC
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

You would file an application with the sentencing court. A hearing would be held as to the granting of a hardship license. The form you'd file is on the web. I will attach a copy below. The eligibility requirements for a hardship license are listed on the form. But here's the statute which lays out eligibility and also tells you what you'd have to do in section (d).