How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sent a camera to get repaired to a business that has an

Customer Question

Hello. I sent a camera to get repaired to a business that has an online website in Denver for camera repairs and they were not able to fix my camera. I sent them a paypal payment for $15 to have my camera returned to me on July 10 2015 and it is now August 13 and I still do not have my camera. I have sent him countless emails asking about the whereabouts of my camera and not a single response. I have called dozens of times with no response and as of today his phone number is ***** accepting incoming messages. He never gave me a tracking number or anything. I have the paypal statement stating that the $15 transaction was sent and complete that specifically states it is for my camera to be returned and I have the countless emails that I have sent him with no response. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello ad thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. :(

You really only have one option here, which is to sue. Usually the way it works is an attorney will send a "demand" letter to the person letting them they have 10 or so days to do what they're supposed to do (in this case return the camera) or suit will be filed against them. If they don't respond, the only remaining option is to file suit. The best place to file would be the city in which they operate. At the end of the suit, you'd either get your camera returned or get a money judgement against them, which you'd have to pay an attorney to then collect. Not a fun situation.

Additionally, you can leave bad (true) reviews on their social media pages and report them to the Better Business Bureau in their state.

I hope this helps!

If you valued my time, please consider leaving a positive review. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.