How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wallstreetesq Your Own Question
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
wallstreetesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am not sure if I have done something wrong or not but my

Customer Question

Hello. I am not sure if I have done something wrong or not but my friend said that I might of unknowingly contributed to the delquiceny of a minor. This is in the state of Maryland and as a gag gift bought my boyfriend's 15 or 16 yr old son a sex toy
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also my email is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 2 years ago.

this is possible, however it would require a Parent to make an official complaint against you,

Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 2 years ago.

typically these crimes are minor, and are usually associated with an adult purchasing alcohol for the minor, etc.

Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 2 years ago.

Also obscenity crimes or endangering the welfare of a minor crimes could be charged, however unlikely.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The father knew that I bought the gift and never said anything about it and now he and his ex are having issues because I turned her into Social Services because of something she did and he told me if I do not drop it then he is going to turn me in, even though he knew about it before I bought it and we had discussed it on 3 different occasions
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 2 years ago.
if they actually call the police, you would state the father allowed you to do it and gave permission, also the fact that they are trying to extort you to drop the other case, this will help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did and he told me that he would play dumb and that I did it on my frustrating!!!!
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 2 years ago.

you may want to call the police yourself and advise the officers what they are trying to do, they may bring charges against them

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wouldn't I also be incriminating myself? My intentions were to be funny, never in a million years did I think it would come back to haunt me
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 2 years ago.
if you give a statement to the police incriminating yourself they can press charges, you may be better off and see if they actually make the first move.

Related Criminal Law Questions