Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
17897874

I was robbed of my cell phone by my ex boyfriend. I have a

Customer Question

I was robbed of my cell phone by my ex boyfriend. I have a peace order against him and we had a court trial earlier this year for him breaking into my apartment. He's been harassing me for over a year now. When I came out to my car he was in it, using my keyless entree. He grabbed my cell phone and ran off. In the police report, I stated that he had a knife. He usually carries one with him and at the time I guess I said it because I was worried for my safety and I just wanted to be free of him. I want to call the states attorney to tell them everything was truthful except for him having a weapon. Will I suffer consequences for lying about the knife?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.
It is not likely that you will get in trouble for reversing on the knife, but it may compromise the ability of the state to prove its case.
When you speak to them explain that you made a mistake about the knife and thought he had one because he usually carries one.
Best regards.