How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13483
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son may be in jail in Texas arrest, bond set at 1, 500

Customer Question

My son may be in jail in Texas for evading arrest, bond set at 1, 500 not sure if it is him, same name and date of birth.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.
What exactly is your legal question, please? Are you asking if there's a way to verify that it is your son? Have you called the jail directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much time in jail could he get if this has happened to him before / How much do you charge to represdent him ?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

This is chargeable as a state jail felony if a person has been previously convicted of the offense, or if a person used a vehicle in their attempt to evade. A state jail felony is punishable between 6 months and 2 years in a state jail facility and a fine of up to $10,000.

Unfortunately, site rules prohibit us from representing customers on this website. However, the State Bar Of Texas does have a lawyer referral website to help people find a local attorney. The link is here:

If I can clarify anything further, please REPLY. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way experts on this site are compensated for their time. Thank you!

Related Criminal Law Questions