How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a plea agreement judgment sheet in a criminal case is

Customer Question

If a plea agreement judgment sheet in a criminal case is altered after defendant sign it but before the judge sign it what petition can be filled to correct or sitaside the sentence
In Tennessee
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
That would be a motion for post conviction relief to vacate the agreement if the defendant did not agree to the change. You would have to prove not only that it was changed after you signed it, but that you did not concur with the change and had that been in the agreement you would not have signed the plea agreement.