How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37854
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About a year ago my married friends became separated. I am

Customer Question

Hello about a year ago my married friends became separated. I am the friend divided. The male asked if he could rent a room for $300 a month and sign a affidavit stating that he pays $300 so he could recieve food stamps. I still have the emails between myself and the case worker. He asked for my address, ss#, letter claiming rental and that he would be storing and preparing his own food. Before the month was up, he went off the deep end, started using meth and had to go. In all this time he still doesn't work. He does have supervise visitation every Sunday from 1-6pm, no overnights and recieved around $650 in monthly food stamps/ebt debit card.
To make a long story short, I have had a job since I was 15 and have been paying irs since. After 12 years about a month and a half ago I lost my job. I am currently on unemployment until I can find a job that will work with my children again and this has been the only time in my life I have had to seek assistance. I applied for ebt card/food a
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Quite simply, as long as he is no longer living at your residence, there is no reason that you cannot qualify for benefits. You will want to notify the agency processing the benefit that he no longer lives there, has not lived there in months or years, and then provide his present physical address. Explain to them what he is doing and they will initiate a fraud investigation and perhaps he will end up getting the help he needs.
But you will then qualify for the benefits you and your children so desperately need.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,