How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27758
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a traffic ticket, but it was sent to the wrong

Customer Question

hi, I got a traffic ticket, but it was sent to the wrong address, and a failure to appear in court made my license suspended. I paid a fine of 900 when I was notified of this at my current address, but it is heavily affecting my car insurance. How can I get this exponged?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Unfortunately, driving records can be corrected if they are wrong, but they cannot be expunged, not in California or in any other state in this nation either. Driving convictions stay with you all your life, though over time -- in California, for three years -- the points drop off and they cease to affect your insurance rates.
I'd love to be able to tell you what you want to hear but sometimes the law simply doesn't allow for that. I'd ask you to kindly refrain from shooting the messenger for providing you with an honest and accurate answer.