Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

If some one requests in writing to leave them alone and not

Customer Question

Hi , if some one requests in writing to leave them alone and not comunicate with them, at what point can i reach out to them?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
A written request of this sort just puts you on notice that they wish to be left alone and want nothing further to do with you. It's not like a protective order which has an expiration date.
You can reach out whenever you want as there's no formal order telling you you can't, but you'll run the risk whenever you do that this person will go to the police, report the contact and ask for an order at that time. Then you can be charged and have to deal with a criminal case.