Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am in a shit storm excuse my french

Customer Question

Hey so I am in a shit storm
excuse my french
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I speak that kind of french too so don't worry about it.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok Physician....signed a 1099.....they are so illegal I don't know how to get out and 200 more of me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are 1099 employees for tax fraud. I
pay 200K a year in taxes
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

I'm not following, you're a physician and your employer had you listed and paid you as a 1099?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
illegally
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

Why do you believe it was illegal? I'm not arguing, I just know there are some situations where docs can be 1099s.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took another contract....and they fired me but I had to have two by law,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wanted me full time no other contracts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DO you have a BAR ID?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean you had to have two by law?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DEA129876
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

We can't reveal any personal info on here. There's somewhere on your screen where it shows verification though.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

What is the DEA number you just gave?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My husband is a lawyer told me to ask'
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

The website requires us to remain anonymous (other than our screen name) so that they can be sure everything runs through them. That's to make sure the customer gets all their questions answered and not someone on here just trying to drum up business for themselves.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

If you don't mind me asking, if your husband's an attorney why isn't he assisting you?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

Are you still there?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

I am about to go offline for the day and it looks like you've left so I'm going to opt out and let someone else assist when you return.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your previous expert left and I am a different contributor.
Please understand, we cannot help you unless you tell us the whole story together, not just half sentence statements. Please tell us the whole situation and why you believe it is illegal for you to have been a 1099 independent contractor, because many doctors are independent contractors and it is quite legal.
You have to tell us the whole story with all of the details, including what you have done to try to resolve your dispute, for us to provide you information you are seeking.