Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I get the bailbond nephew, he did not complete stop & pass

Customer Question

I get the bailbond for my nephew, he did not complete stop & pass the stop side for $150. He went to the court after that. But the case reset to 10/8/2015. & the bailbone need i sign the paper word for $1000 if my nephew do not apear at the court that day. do I cancel the bailbond, because I'm to old right now & don't want to interfear with this case anymore.
Please let's me know what will I have to do
Thankyou so much
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your nephew does not appear in court, you would lose your money and be responsible for the bond. If you do not trust he will appear and want to cancel your bond, you need to notify the bond company and you also would need to go to court to inform the court you are revoking your bond and the court has to issue a warrant for his arrest to be held in jail until he has a trial.
Start by contacting the bond company, if they are legitimate they will help you in revoking your bond. If they refuse, then I am afraid you need to go to court and appear before the judge and inform the judge you want to cancel your bond and why you want to do so, and you could likely get a local attorney from either legal aid or the local senior citizen center to represent you and assist you if you need one.