How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I get the bailbond nephew, he did not complete stop & pass

Customer Question

I get the bailbond for my nephew, he did not complete stop & pass the stop side for $150. He went to the court after that. But the case reset to 10/8/2015. & the bailbone need i sign the paper word for $1000 if my nephew do not apear at the court that day. do I cancel the bailbond, because I'm to old right now & don't want to interfear with this case anymore.
Please let's me know what will I have to do
Thankyou so much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your nephew does not appear in court, you would lose your money and be responsible for the bond. If you do not trust he will appear and want to cancel your bond, you need to notify the bond company and you also would need to go to court to inform the court you are revoking your bond and the court has to issue a warrant for his arrest to be held in jail until he has a trial.
Start by contacting the bond company, if they are legitimate they will help you in revoking your bond. If they refuse, then I am afraid you need to go to court and appear before the judge and inform the judge you want to cancel your bond and why you want to do so, and you could likely get a local attorney from either legal aid or the local senior citizen center to represent you and assist you if you need one.

Related Criminal Law Questions