How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am so sorry the wrong button. I am searching

Customer Question

I am so sorry for pressing the wrong button. I am searching for information re early probation release. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the MI courts are not willing to release probation early in a DUI case, they are not usually considerate of the fact that you are incurring additional costs. However, if you are not going to be residing in the US and have no intention of driving in the US or getting a license, this is typically a good cause reason to terminate the probation early and in order to do so you need to file a motion for early termination of probation. You need to set forth all of the extenuating circumstances and that you have cooperated with the terms up to this point. Usually, leaving the country they are willing to release the probation early. It is, however, discretionary to the court, so it still is up to the judge.