How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are you in texas?

Customer Question

are you in texas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
This is Samuel and thanks for requesting I provide you information in this regard
No I am not in Texas. But because I will simply be providing you information in this regard and not legal advice, I can go ahead and proceed, if you'd like.
Was you conviction in federal court?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
I will need to know where you were convicted to continue with true and correct information. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it was in federal court, dallas texas. Securities Fraud 1 count. i received 27 months, the lower end of the guidelines. Judge sentenced me to 6 month ICC boot camp in Lewisburg PA in lieu of going to camp for 27 months. I graduated, finished boot camp, with no issues, did few month half way house then 3 yrs probation, no issues. Also paid off balance of $50,000 fine in 2005 or so.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you.So you need to get a Presidential Pardon. You can do that by contacting the DOJ at this Link Without the pardon there would be no way you could purchase, own or possess firearms or get a hunting license.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
The state of Texas cannot restore your firearm rights without the Pardon. And the state cannot pardon a federal conviction.Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.Thank you