How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116732
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Whats a cat docket and can u be released from jail they made

Customer Question

whats a cat docket and can u be released from jail they made my husband an court date they said today its a cat docket he wont go but he have never been in trouble no record can he be released from jail if its an cat docket what do they do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The CAT docket is one where they handle short matters and motions and not arraignments. However, his attorney can file for a bond release and for release on recognizance based on his lack of a prior history and the court could order jail release without court. You need to get to the public defender's office if he cannot afford a private attorney and they can assist in filing a bond motion with the court to get him released.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so he didnt get out and they didnt set another court date either its his first charhe felony forgey he has no record period so now what his bond is 10,000 do he just sit there til we bond him out
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to get him an attorney, either private or public defender if you cannot afford an attorney. The attorney has to file a motion for bond reduction and try to get him out on a reduced bond or to ask the court to release him on recognizance. The attorney has to request a bond hearing to get the court to reconsider his bond. Either that or you have to pay 10% to a bond company to get him out.

Related Criminal Law Questions