Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I filed a police report and a restraining order against an

Customer Question

I filed a police report and a restraining order against an ex-boyfriend who posted my nude photos on a revenge porn site. I have proof that the photos were posted on the revenge porn site by taking a screenshot of the website. The website has since remove the photos. But the photos were still post it and I'm not sure what other things have been done with the photos as well. I am wanting to copyright my photos so that I have complete ownership of them. In a few days I will be going to court at this time I want to give evidence that would be substantial enough for the judge to be satisfied until we are to meet again. Tomorrow I hope to submit a request and payment Online to have my photos copyrighted. What can I do in court to represent myself well in the meantime and what other factual information can I bring with me to court this week to help me received another hearing to see this through to completion. I live in the state of Indiana the person that took the photos lives in the state of Illinois. We will be going to court in the state of Illinois Chicago to be exact. Could you direct me to any sources that will help me to protect my photos have the photos removed from the persons possession and what is the possible jail time in fee that they would owe?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Is the person who took the photos also the one who posted them?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Also, when were the photos posted?