How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27064
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you Madam.. I have received a "notice of correction

Customer Question

Thank you Madam.. I have received a "notice of correction and proof of service " (vehicle code 40505) . This one is from Bell flower Court in California.. Unfortunately I can not access citation # ***** line..I am expected to appear before the court on 08/26/15 . Is there any way to resolve the matter with out having to go physically to Bellflower, CA
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Call the court where you are to appear and find out whether you can just plead guilty to the moving violation by mail and pay the fine. Note, that if you do, this conviction would go into the national driver's data base. Your state would be informed of the conviction and under the rules of the Interstate Driver's Compact can treat the matter as its own. That would mean that if the offense is worth points in Illinois, you'd get that amount of points, which could cause your insurance to go up.
If you're concerned about points or you're told you must appear, then it would be expected you show up on August 26th. You would then have two options: you could hire a California traffic lawyer to show up for you and resolve your case there, or you can contact the clerk and find out how you can change the date to one where it would be better for you to come to California. The rules for getting a change of court date, varies from court to court. The clerk can sometimes change it for you. Other times, you have to write to the judge and request a new date.
What you don't want to do is to ignore this altogether as failing to resolve this will cause a warrant to be issued in California and your IL license to be suspended.

Related Criminal Law Questions