Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was with this guy and started a business with him, when

Customer Question
times fell hard he did...
I was with this guy and started a business with him, when times fell hard he did a bad job that i tried to talk him out of this but instead he did it . could i be held accountable even now that we arent together?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/23/2015
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 2 years ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Good morning. When you say he did a bad job, do you mean in regard to the work performed?
Sorry, but he did something compromising outside of our business on his own,
Thank you. If he did something outside of the business, on his own, then you would not be responsible for accountable for it. Even if he did something within the business, it would need to be known you knew of this and participated and cooperated with him, in doing so. Just because you were partners with him, does not mean that anything and everything he did, could come back to you. It would need to be known and shown you knew about this and helped . Now, you shared that you tried to stop him, so it would then need to be determined what he did, since you shared it was outside of the business and your relationship, so it may have been at his discretion and you would have had no obligation to report him.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty