How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27048
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a case where a policeman had bad judgement about what

Customer Question

I had a case where a policeman had bad judgement about what he thought happened and disregarded where me, the licensed driver wanted to stop because it was late at night. The court gave me 100hrs community
service and PO Officer and when I tried to go to a library to work and fulfill those hours they declined at the library. Are there any other option to discuss about a mishandled case to a lawyer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Just because the court sentenced you to 100 hours of community service does not mean that every place you would like to perform that service is required to accept you. Generally, if you call the court, the clerk will have a list of places that traditionally accept applicants for community service, or they have a court agency that will assign you to a place where you can work.
Did your court mandate that you work in the library? What does this have to do with your case being mishandled by your lawyer? Please use the reply tab to respond and I can add to my answer once I have more information from you.