How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26824
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother needs proof of residensy to be eligable .They

Customer Question

My brother needs proof of residensy to be eligable for parole.They want a copy of his drivers licence.It was stolen and we can't get a copy.His last residence was with our aunt for over 3 yrs.He did not have any utilities in his name or anything else that we can find at that address.He wants to move back there.Our aunt is in poor health and using a walker.She is now living with my sister also in poor health.Aunt Eva wants go home,but can't without someone to stay with her. We are all in our [email protected]'s.We really need his help.He is supposed to be released on parole Dec.31,2015 or possibly sooner if they except his previous residence.How can we prove residency and is there any thing we can do to possibly expedite his release ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Would Parole be willing to accept a notarized affidavit from your aunt that would attest to her last address and to the fact that your brother lived with her for over three years? That would be the easiest solution. Does he have tax records? His lawful address would be on those as well.
Otherwise, his lawyer may be able to obtain a copy of his driver's license, or you may be able to get one with a notarized letter from your brother.

Related Criminal Law Questions