Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am trying to get my real estate license in georgia and

Customer Question
have completed all tests and...
i am trying to get my real estate license in georgia and have completed all tests and prelicense hours as well as i have a broker who is willing to hold my license. But i have a record with 1st offender probation was a 5 yr sentence but ended in 4 but
the probation officer did not terminate it and now is doesnt work there any longer. So they have the date that my probation ended for the full 5 years. And the real estate commission back ground clearance form says probation must have been over for 2 years
to apply for license. Well bc of the mix up on dates its only been 1 yr and 4 months i really need to get licensed what can i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
hello
Answered in 2 days by:
7/25/2015
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Country relating to Question: United States

Response: You need to speak with the Probation Department about correcting the record. Eventhough your Probation Officer is no longer there, there must be a record as to when your probation ended. This is just a matter of someone in the Probation Department taking the time to review the record and transmit the correct information to your State's Criminal Records System. If the Probation Department does not want to bother with the review, then you may have to file formal Complaint with the Court to correct your record or speak with the Prosecutor's Office.
There is no record of the early termination I've already tried that they say they don't have anything that says anything of that nature. I have no proof either I've spoken to supervisors and the probation was supposed to be finished in exactly 5 years so that's when they back dated it till no further
Thank you for the additional information. Regrettably, if you have no proof of this early termination of your probation and the Probation Department does not have the information regarding your early termination, then you cannot get your license at this time.
Even if I explain what exactly happened they say they are all about honesty and integrity I've passes all the state rest and prelicense course finished is there no other way? What if could find a connection to a member of the commission ? There has to be another way I've already gotten all certified court documentdate for the background investigation are you saying I shouldn't even turn them in and see ?
Response: I cannot tell you what to do or what not do because I am not your Attorney and as such I cannot give you legal advice. However, based on the information that you have provided on your posts here, I do not see how you can get around this requirement. Nonetheless, I am going to opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to comment on your post.
Best wishes,
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law