How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was under the impression that once you go to court and you

Customer Question

I was under the impression that once you go to court and you beat your charges that the courts can not go back and use them against you ?. My husband got sentence to 20 yrs for a D.W.I back in 2010.. we agree prison time should be giving but 20 yrs.. This is what the judge gave him.. murders or rapist dont get that much time what is wrong with this sentencing.. my husband is the perfect prisoner.. He dont deserve to still be in he is a very hard worker and a wonderful husband. I would love to have him home.. he is gonna get institionallized if he dont get out soon is there anything you can say to help alittle.. the alcohol laws need to be looked at and please dont do this to another couple,you guys take a big chance on making someone good very bad
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. Did your husband sign a plea agreement or go to trial? Was this his first offense? What are all the things he was charged with?