Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Need attorney pardon

Customer Question

Need attorney for presidential pardon
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer. Expungements and pardons do not require a lawyer. Presidential pardons are very rare, and while a lawyer may be able to package you better than you could for yourself, the odds of the pardon being granted, even with legal assistance is very, very low, unless your circumstances are pretty extraordinary. The terms of service of this website do not allow us to represent customers ourselves, nor are we allowed to refer customers to a specific lawyer or law firm. What I can do is to steer you to the same firms that lawyers use when they have to consult with a lawyer in a different state or a different specialty and don't know of anyone. Contact the Texas State Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a fee of around $50 for the referral which includes a free half hour consultation with the lawyer. Alternatively, you can contact a commercial referral service. A reputable one which has been around for a long time is Martindale.com. Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer and client rated which will help you to narrow down the field. In this way, you can have a couple of consultations and determine whether having a lawyer prepare your pardon will raise the odds of your getting the pardon granted, enough to justify the legal fee. Otherwise, you can apply for the pardon yourself by following the directions here on the Department of Justice's website.