Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I live in NH years.Me and my husband .We had new

Customer Question

I live in NH for 22 years.Me and my husband .We had new neighbors that are not so nice. I found out they did a back round check on us and were using this information against in a public manner. They are now threatened us and also had their friends come
in and tell us they are this or that , some kind of group. Threatened harm to my husband and me. My husband is deaf legally and in on va disability because of it. He does not hear them. He is worried about me as it is affecting my physical and mental well
being. I don;t call police as I will start getting a record for being a nuisance. So I am requesting a lawyer referral to deal with this problem locally.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with this.
Unfortunately we are not allowed to refer you to a particular lawyer or law firm since it is against the terms of service for this site that we experts must abide by. However, I can steer you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one.
One such source would be the New Hampshire Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge around $50 for the referral and their fee includes a free half hour appointment with a lawyer.
http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=NH
To get still a wider range of possibilities, you can also check out a commercial lawyer referral service. There are many of them, but one that has been around a long time and which is highly regarded is Martindale.com. Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer and client rated, which you might find helpful to narrow down your choices.
Best of luck.