How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27056
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband n I are getting divorced in Texas. I just found

Customer Question

My husband n I are getting divorced in Texas. I just found out that I can file charges for him giving me HPV, the strain that causes cancer. He knew he gave it to me in 2012 n then was with at least 9 prostitues n I can prove he had unprotected sex n exposed
me 2 additional harm. What will the level of charge n if convicted will he have to file as a sex offender?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
In Texas, the transmission of an STD is charged as an assault with a deadly weapon. It would not be considered a sex offense.
See Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 22.02
This is a felony of the second degree with a maximum possible prison sentence of 20 years and a minimum of 2.