How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 32-year old educated professional now facing

Customer Question

Hello. I am a 32-year old educated professional now facing a 2nd DWI charge. First one was 12 years ago but made irresponsible decisions and have found myself in this spot again. I am extremely concerned. I am most worried about losing my career in advertising due to having to serve jail time and or having to report to a Probation Officer and that possibly interrupting my work and also I have to travel out of the state for my job. I've been a mess for the past month since this has happened. Any advice?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sure you're very worried.
JustAnswer works best when we can answer a legal question for you. If you give me your state I can take a look at the penalties and tell you what you're facing. Otherwise, my best advice is to speak with a criminal DUI attorney to see if there is a way you can beat the charge.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Texas. And I do have an attorney just looking for additional counsel and advice.Thanks so much
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Are you being charged as a second offense or first offense? Thanks, Michael

Related Criminal Law Questions