How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3154
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

O.k. so I recently discovered that the insurance check I've

Customer Question

O.k. so I recently discovered that the insurance check I've been waiting for to fix my car since 2012 has been forged by my mother and given to my ex husband. I was side swiped by a transfer truck (18 wheeler) and the side of my car is damaged. My mother told me about a month ago that she signed my name, notarized it and handed it to my ex. I haven't seen the check so I don't know how much it was for. What do I do? Kinda scary knowing that anyone can just sign my name and get away with it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My mother has also recently told me that she spent my inheritance worth about 5000.00 which is why she was trying to give me 5000.00 to help me with another situation I have....that was going to go to another lawyer. How many times has this lady forged my name and stolen from me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm in Georgia right now on unexpected stay (hopefully short), but I was arrested June 16 due to a false report my fiance had made and thought he fixed it by admitting to the officer he had spoken to, but it wasn't taken care of and turned into a warrant. He bonded me out and admitted that he made the statement due to anger and thought it went away when he made clear that it wasn't true. So, my baby boy age 13 weeks old tomorrow has been taken by DFCS. My mother comes down to trash my fiance about his PAST and made statements that weren't true and I am currently waiting for NC to pick up the case so I can go back home with my son. My mother has lied, forged my name, stolen from me and is now trying to take my child. I need her out of my life, because I am tired of her trying to run it. Please help!
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma...but I do not understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can report this crime to law enforcement?