How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out that I have a warrant that they

Customer Question

I just found out that I have a warrant for something that they let me go for and never even filed charges and it has been a year. I am currently out of town tending to my childrens father who is terminally ill and is only expected to live not more than 6 months. How do I get this warrant lifted
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
A warrant cannot be issued without charges being filed. That means that you should first find out what those charges are to determine the best way to handle it.
Is it from the State of Arizona, if you know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is either from New Mexico or Arizona. My husband told me that 5 sheriffs showed up with a warrant for my arrest Im thinking it is from az it was about a year ago they found a large quantity of drugs and they never arrested me but let me go with agreement of helping them. Well I did and to my knowledge it was squashed until now. I have since quit all of that lifestyle and have lived clean and healthy lifestyle
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you. I am sorry to hear you are being burdened with this matter. I suggest that you have the following options:1 - Try to contact the Agency you were working with and ask them what gives?st 2 - Contact the DA in the county where your charge would have been issued and ask the same thing?There is no way to simply have a warrant quashed. I suggest that you might want to consult with a local attorney who can track this down for you - or you can call the clerk of the Court and ask why it is issued? Did you have a court case that you were supposed to attend a hearing and did not show up? It could be for a failure to appear.But if you think it is for the charge you were "working off" then your best recourse is to have a local attorney work with you to figure it out.The District Attorney will need to agree to have it recalled. And it will remain active until it is served or It is recalled.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was never charged with anything to my knowledge I never even went to a jail or anything they let me go from the parking lot and now all of a sudden im finding out there is a warrant???? I honestly don't know anything other than that. I don't remember the agency I was working with because it was over a year ago. I don't really have the money to hire an attorney and Im aslo to sick to go to jail my childrens father is dying and Im all they have left
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear about your Father. And this terrible situation for you. You will need to find out the reason for the warrant. And then if you want to you can file a Motion to Quash the warrant. But I suggest you need a local attorney to help you IF you find out the warrant is for a charge that carries jail time, then you should consider contracting the Public Defender in that county where it was issued and ask for their representation, if you financially qualify.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
I wish there was more that you could do on your own. Unfortunately, unless you are ready to surrender to the warrant, I suggest you are not going to be able to. Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you