Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

How do I check if my records have been officially sealed? Unfortunately, the lawyer t

Customer Question

Hi. How do I check if my records have been officially sealed? Unfortunately, the lawyer that sealed was disbarred., and I have no proved he sealed them. An apartment complex is looking at my records right now, but when I look for my criminal record online I cannot find anything. It seems it was sealed.
Crime Theft 50-500, misdemeanor B, Bexar county, Texas, San Antonio
My original lawyer did a deferred adjudication, then I try sealing them with a different lawyer.
Thank you very much
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Your official RAP sheet should indicate whether or not your case was sealed. You can contact the Texas Department of Public Safety and see if they have a record of your sealing.
Alternatively, the clerk of the court where your matter was heard can tell you where you can get an official document of the outcome of your case. That document should indicate whether it was ever sealed as well.