Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

When I was 18, I went to the MVD with a friends information

Customer Question

when I was 18, I went to the MVD with a friends information and put my picture on her Drivers License. This was on February 22 2009, on June 29 2015 I was unable to renew my tags and was referred to the License Fraud department to set up a meeting with a detective. After meeting with the detective, I was informed that I was there for License Fraud and that they would be suspending my license for 6 months. My question is, what is the statute of limitations on this, if any?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, since the fraud was ongoing (the photo was continuous on the other person's license) there would not be any statute of limitations that would apply and also, it is possible that police can charge someone who commits this license fraud with felony or in some cases misdemeanor fraud, so it is important to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney as soon as possible and to let this local criminal defense attorney handle this serious matter for you.
You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Do you have any related follow up questions?