How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I was 18, I went to the MVD with a friends information

Customer Question

when I was 18, I went to the MVD with a friends information and put my picture on her Drivers License. This was on February 22 2009, on June 29 2015 I was unable to renew my tags and was referred to the License Fraud department to set up a meeting with a detective. After meeting with the detective, I was informed that I was there for License Fraud and that they would be suspending my license for 6 months. My question is, what is the statute of limitations on this, if any?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, since the fraud was ongoing (the photo was continuous on the other person's license) there would not be any statute of limitations that would apply and also, it is possible that police can charge someone who commits this license fraud with felony or in some cases misdemeanor fraud, so it is important to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney as soon as possible and to let this local criminal defense attorney handle this serious matter for you.
You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions?