How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27494
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a pblic defender arrest of drunk in public

Customer Question

I need a pblic defender for a arrest of drunk in public
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
A public defender must be appointed by the judge. When you appear in court for your arraignment, plead not guilty when the judge asks how you plead to the charges. That will keep all of your rights open until you get counsel. Once you've pled not guilty, you can tell the judge that you are on SSI and cannot afford to retain a lawyer. Ask him to appoint you a free lawyer. Hell adjourn the case for a new date, and your lawyer will be in court for you at that time.