Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

Can you get a restraining order on someone up on

Customer Question

can you get a restraining order on someone for showing up on your property uninvited?
he supposedly needs gas or gas money. He did some yard work for us some time ago. He showed up at my daughters house at about 11pm the other night beating on her door saying you need to let me in.She called the police but he was already gone when they got there. we looked yesterday and he is a convicted rapist who served time.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Yes. You need to be able to name him and hopefully provide a current address, though that is not absolutely necessary. The restraining order will have to be served on him by a sheriff deputy. Typically speaking, a temporary restraining order is really easy to get from the court. Within a couple of weeks, there will be a hearing before the same court to convert the temporary restraining order over to a permanent restraining order. In many cases, the person does not even show up for the hearing and the court issues the permanent order by default as a result. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively. Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any additional questions or comments? I just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!