RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Morally this is wrong, thats understood. But is it legal in

Customer Question

Morally this is wrong, thats understood. But is it legal in ohio for a 27 and 16 it old to engage in sexual activities.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. It will be my pleasure to assist you this evening.In Ohio, the legal age to consent to sex is 16. This means that a person age 16 or older can consent to a sexual encounter, regardless of how much older the other individual is. Ohio’s age of consent law currently only applies to heterosexual sexual encounters. That is because Ohio still has black-letter law that makes all homosexual conduct illegal, regardless of age. However, such laws have been rendered unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, so long as the parties are consenting adults acting only in private settings. Because of this, it is not clear what Ohio’s age of consent is for homosexual conduct, although it may be assumed that it is the same as the age for consent to heterosexual acts. - If you have any follow-up questions, please use the REPLY feature, and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thank you.