How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27436
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in jail pending conviction of an illicit act with

Customer Question

My son is in jail pending conviction of an illicit act with a minor. Only crime committed was traveling interstate to meet a child to talk to because he was depressed from his PTSD. It was a FBI STING. NO CHILD WAS INVOLVED. MY QUESTION IS HOW DOES HE OBTAIN A FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER FOR THE STATE OF GEORGIA?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Public defenders must be appointed by a judge. There's a form you're required to fill out. The Federal public defender's office publishes information and link to the form on their website's FAQ: