Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

If I have a prior felony from a long time ago. Can I get it

Customer Question
taken off my record?...
If I have a prior felony from a long time ago. Can I get it taken off my record?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/10/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
What is the felony conviction for?
Possetion of meth.
Possession
Thank you for your follow up.
Did you have any other criminal convictions prior or since this felony conviction?
No. Nothing before or after. This was around 1990.
Thank you for your follow up.
In California, generally there are two options when it comes of felony convictions:
1) It might be possible in some cases to have an experienced local criminal attorney to re-open the case and to get a non-violent felony reduced to a misdemeanor, which in turn would help the convicted person restore his/her civil rights.
2) Another option would be to file petition for a full pardon from the governor and if granted then the conviction would be forgiven and could no longer be used against the person who was pardoned and also the civil rights would be restored. Here is the link to the government website that has all the details about the Pardon process:
http://gov.ca.gov/docs/How_To_Apply_for_a_Pardon.pdf
O wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law