How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was allowing the neighbor girls to drive out ATV

Customer Question

my husband was allowing the neighbor girls to drive out ATV - he had 2 beers prior this and unfortunately one of the girls took the turn to sharp and wrecked the ATV. the other girl suffered a bruised knee and her parents took her to the ED that night with no other injuries sustained. they have filed a police report and they state patrol is coming to talk with my husband tomorrow. what kind of charges could he be facing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
The most likely charge would be contributing to the delinquency of a minor.....which is a misdemeanor offense. It may be possible that other charges could be filed depending on the circumstances....but The most likely is the contributing charge.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
It could also be possible that a civil lawsuit is filed for negligence in supervising the minors......and that action could seek money damages, payment of medical expenses, etc. So, this thing could go on for a while.