Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

Yes. I am suing my sister through an estate attorney because

Customer Question

Yes. I am suing my sister through an estate attorney because she was appointed executor of my parent's estate. My father died in 2002, but stipulated that he and my mother's estate would not be liquidated until April 14, 2014 which has come and gone. My sister offered me a distribution sheet that was thousands of dollars less than I should be receiving. In addition, the will stated that she was to sell my parent's house upon my father's death and reinvest the proceeds. She did not sell the house and has been living in the house, rent free and not paying me anything. She has also spent trust monies as her own slush fund and now that I am suing her, (she's on her fifth attorney), she is using trust fund monies to pay for her legal fees!! And on top of that, she's threatening to call Social Security with this made up story that I've earned money and worked while I was on Social Security disability. I volunteer for events in regards ***** ***** the piano and donate my services as a piano teacher for charity. I am also a playwright, but my wife negotiates as my agent and since these small fees (royalties) are not a work for hire, I'm covered. But my sister is criminally harassing me because she has no case in the estate suit and is threatening to try and get me in trouble with Social Security. I have nothing to hide, but once someone does that, you are guilty until proven innocent and will cause myself, my wife and my 23 year old daughter stress. Isn't what she is doing illegal?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. From the information you have given, she is definitely breaking the law by not administering the estate the way she is supposed to. If that evidence can be proven to the court, she can be removed as executor and replaced by someone else. Also, she will owe the estate for any funds she has misused. I'm glad you're speaking to an estate attorney; that's the right step!
I hope this helps!
If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.
Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not paying for a second answer to the same question when you didn't answer my question to begin with. Do you understand? It's hard to communicate to you with this online form!!
The only question I see is "Isn't what she is doing illegal?". I answered that with the above answer.
If you're asking about whether "threatening to tell Social Security" about you working is a crime in and of itself, the answer would be no. If she were to lie about you to social security and that caused you a loss, she would be guilty of libel, which is a crime you could sue her for.
I hope this answers your question.
Michael