How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116740
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance got pulled over and we found out there was a warrant

Customer Question

My fiance got pulled over and we found out there was a warrant in Kansas for him, this warrant was issued on Jan 27, 2015 for vehicle theft in Montgomery County KS at this time he was incarcerated and did not leave custody until May of 2015. There's a 10,000 bond. So he gets put in jail here in idaho and the judge puts a 10,000 fugitive bond on him. I've been trying to get him bailed out he's missed work, no one will help me find out if KS is coming to extradite him. I don't know what to do. Is it right to have those two 10,000 bonds at the same time? I tried to speak to the judge here who put the fugitive warrant on him but they wouldn't allow me to. Please help me understand and know what my next step is to be.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The bonds are two separate bonds and are legal. The first bond is the bond for KS, which would have to go to KS. The second bond is for Idaho for being a fugitive and it is to insure he will honor any Idaho court orders.
If you have proof he was in custody at the time he allegedly committed the vehicle theft, the way to best deal with this is get him an attorney in KS first, because if the attorney in KS can present the evidence in KS then those charges could be dismissed and the warrant vacated. Once that happens, the court in Idaho will release him and return the bond.
So getting him an attorney in KS is required, nobody will speak to you about his case because you are not an attorney and all they will deal with on behalf of a defendant is the defendant's attorney.