How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27435
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need a criminal attorney to recover money siezed

Customer Question

Do I need a criminal attorney to recover money siezed
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a criminal lawyer.
Who seized your money? Why? Did you get an official notice of forfeiture?
Use the reply tab below to explain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wrote in 2 days ago at 7:54 pm. The post office. I was advised to hire an attorney. I just need to know how to go about that.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
We cannot refer you to a particular lawyer or law firm. It's against the terms of service for the site. But we can steer you to the same sources that lawyers themselves use when they need to find an attorney in another state or another specialty and don't know of anyone.
As you're in California, contact the CA State Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service and tell them what you need a lawyer for. They will charge about $50 for the referral but will find you someone who can handle the matter for you. Their fee includes a free half hour consultation with the attorney: