How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26743
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm supposed to turn myself in on July 9 in LA COUNTY COURT

Customer Question

I'm supposed to turn myself in on July 9 in LA COUNTY COURT for violating my probation because I missed 3 classes of my domestic violence course. Is there any way to get out of it So I can continue to go to work ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If you're supposed to turn yourself into the court, show up with a lawyer and let him argue for an extension for you to complete the three cases or for weekend incarceration or house arrest so that you don't lose your job.
That's really the only chance you have. You're going to have to turn yourself in as scheduled. Not doing so will only make the situation worse.

Related Criminal Law Questions