How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend was pulled over traffic violation 6/25. He was

Customer Question

A friend was pulled over for a traffic violation 6/25. He was told that he has an outstanding warrant for a misdemeanor in 2002. He was arrested in 2002 for stealing $200 from a family member. He was sentenced to work project which he believes he completed. He was put in sac co jail with no court of attorney or anything.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel. Thank you for requesting I provide you information in this regard
What information do you need; what is the question, please?
When you say "He was put in sac co jail..." you mean on this warrant?
What is the warrant for, do you know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PC 368(D) from 2002
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Samuel what happened?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Thank you and so now he is being held on a bench warrant issued for failure to complete his probation successfully. I suggest that the county that issued the warrant may bring him back to have a violation hearing. And that the judge can impose a full sentence on him. And so he should consult with a local attorney and see if the matter can be quashed - meaning the warrant recalled and the issue over. That might be a possibility if he can show that he is a productive citizen, works, pays taxes, has a family to care for.
If not, I suggest that the county that issued will bring him back and the judge can either dismiss the entire matter or impose a full sentence
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
I was typing. Thanks for your patience. And then you typed and that hindered my response from going through.