How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

And am trying to find an attorney to help me

Customer Question

My name is Ray and am trying to find an attorney to help me to get off lifetime sex offender registration in Agust 2016 it's going to be 10 years of sex offender registration and I can't buy a house or get my life back can you help me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Ray, I am sorry for this dilemma. But I am not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if the state can continue to require you to register as a sex offender, even after almost 10 years?
Or are you asking the process to try and remove the registration requirement?