Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

Is there a statute of limitations with banks on forged

Customer Question

Is there a statute of limitations with banks on forged checks? They are claiming that since the checks were cashed between 2011 and 2013, they are not liable and do not need to fill out a affidavit of forgery. One of the banks invoved Chase did fill it
out but Wells Fargo said they do not have to.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. What state do you live in?Thanks, Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
south carolina
Thank you.
Unfortunately, the South Carolina legislature has decided that there should be no statutes of limitations for crimes in the state. They are one of the only states that has failed to enact this type of law. So, this means you can be charged at any time for any crime.
I hope this helps!
If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.
Michael